CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Introducing Sara Isabella!


Sara was born on Oct 24th at 2:17am! She weighed 6 lbs 10oz, 19 inches long and has a full head of dark hair!

Link to view pics:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70885&id=1285608613&l=fecc023e4d

Labor/Birth
Vince and I had a date night on Friday night (one last one before Sara got here). We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Black Angus and then went to a movie later. My parents had the kids overnight! I had started having some contractions right before and during the movie. We got home and went to bed @ 1:30am. Two hrs later I was woken up by contractions...we started to time them and weren't too intense at that point. But they were about 10-15 apart so we called the Dr and went to the hospital at 5am. I was dilated to a 1 and 80% efaced. They monitored me for about 7 hrs and I wasn't making progress....so I was sent home. The nurse didn't think it would too much longer. They gave me a muscle relaxer to help relax my uterus. We got home and I took a bath and tried to sleep a little. My contractions had started to get more intense and a little closer together. I was in pain and about 4 hrs after we were home, my contractions were about 5-7 min apart and INTENSE! We decide to head back to the hospital and thinking they would send me home again. I got their around 5pm and I was dilated to a 2 and 90%-100% efaced. I had made progress so they were keeping me!
They got me in my room and the epidural was coming! It was challenging for the Anesth to administer the epidural because of my scoliosis, but she got it and it turned out perfect and didn't really hurt too bad! Soon after that took effect they checked me again and I was surprised to hear that I was at a 3 1/2-4 cent. About 4 hrs later they checked me again and every one was shocked to find out that I was fully efaced and at a 9! WHAT! I couldn't believe it! The epidural was wearing off a little and they gave me another dose at this point. I got to a 10 within an hr later and they had me do three practice pushes. I did really well (even though I couldn't feel a thing) so they decided to call the Dr back. They let the baby descend down on her own. About an hr later, the Dr was there and asked me to push three times again....I was completely numb but did really well...three pushes later (not more than 10 min) I had given birth to our baby girl! I couldn't believe it!
It was amazing! She had a delicate little cry and is so perfect! I couldn't believe it when they placed this tiny baby on my chest! Daddy cut the cord!
So, I was in labor all in all for about 12 hrs and pushed for 10 mins! Wohoo!
It was an amazing experience and the worst part for me was the labor pain :(
I delivered at Sacred Heart and the nurses were wonderful!

My milk started coming in Mon morning (day 2) and full on this morning! Nursing is great, but painful right now. I'm fighting through the pain at the moment and can't wait for it to pass!

We got home yesterday afternoon and it's definitely an adjustment having three kids. Last night was really rough :( We didn't get to bed until 6:30am due to Sara suffering gas pains! It was horrible :( We got some gas drops today and hope that helps!

9 comments:

Mikaela said...

She is so precious! I still cannot believe how much you lucked out and had such an easy labor! Sheesh!!!

I hope the gas drops help. Gassy babies are NOT fun!

arah said...

Congrats Renee! Saw your two older kids at trunk or treat last night.
There is something called a nipple shield that Medela makes. You can buy them at Target. They will help with the pain. My babies were good latchers, but Sarah made me cry it hurt so bad. They will help just until you get more used to it.

Uberly Ewe said...

I am sooooooo glad to hear how well it went for you. It makes me so happy. Try and get sleep. Sorry I can't help out for with that...as I have so much on my plate right now too. But know I am sending you HUGS and happy thoughts. And prayers.
:) Happy for you.

Michelle Blanchard said...

Renee, did you have a lactation specialist talk to you? Nursing shouldn't be painful it should just feel like a pulling sensation. I would call someone to see if they could watch you and your baby and maybe they could give you some suggestions. I know WIC has a great lactation consultant-you might qualify if you haven't enrolled already-it is a great program! Glad to know that your delivery went well!! My first two births were pretty much just like that it was amazing and everyone was jealous!! The 3rd one, not so much! I guess it was payback, SMH!! Glad everything is going well!!

Samantha Fife said...

I just love her! And you! Can't wait to see more pictures and watch her grow up in your wonderful family :)

Stephani said...

Aaaww, Congratulations Pendergrass family!!! What a little Beauty! Good work Renee =)

Chris said...

Congradulations Sis!
I am happy for you and your husband!

Chris

Kalia said...

CONGRATULATIONS RENEE!!!!! I am so glad your labor went so beautifully!!!! I can't believe how fast time flew in the end, and yes 3 is a challenge! We have good days and bad days, but it's worth it! I'm so so so happy for you! Enjoy your little one, they grow so fast! Love, Kalia

xoelle said...

yayeeee! thanks for sharing your story and congrats!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin