I had the most wonderful opportunity to go (with my Mom, Aunt, Mother-in-Law, Jandre and Kira) to Time Out For Women! I'm so glad I went!!! It was so uplifting and there were the most amazing and inspirational speakers I've ever heard! My favorite was Mariama Kallon!
I would have LOVED to share this experience with my sisters, Mary and Tamy! Maybe someday?
Friday evening I got to watch as Jenny Oaks Baker (violinist) performed some beautiful numbers! She's so talented! We heard a few speakers too :)
Then Saturday I got to come back for round two! This time I was introduced to a newer singing group called "Mercy River"! OH MY GOSH! LOVE THEM! During one of the breaks I was fortunate enough to get to meet all of them and tell them my pregnancy story! One of the performers is due one month exactly, before me! It was really neat! They are so sweet!
Me and my mommy! It was so fun to be with her!
Kira and I! My mom thinks we look alike! I guess we kind of do!
Aunt Shirley, Mom and I.
My beautiful Mother-in-law!
FORGIVE THE SMALL PICS...I TOOK THESE FROM MY MOBILE PHONE, SO THEY WON'T POST BIGGER!
Jenny Oaks Baker (daughter of Dallin H. Oaks)
Mercy River!!!
Miriama Kallon
This woman is amazing! She told us of her life story of living in Seirra Leone Africa during a war. I couldn't believe the story of her survival and how she found this gospel and ended up serving a mission in SLC! Americans ended up adopting some kids in her family! She has the most amazing Faith and there wasn't a dry eye in the audience!
I would have loved to meet her :(
For me, I never really pay attention to what goes on in other countries. It doesn't effect me, but hearing the sadness first-hand....put a whole new perspective on things. One of the hygiene kits that someone in America put together (a toothbrush, comb, shampoo & a rag) helped save her and 19 other women's lives! Amazing huh!
I hope that this experience will help me to get more involved in putting kits together. They really do help! Even being so broke, we can afford to go to the dollar store and pick up some shampoo and other simple supplies!
Jenn Brown, Kira Haslam and me!
Here's mine and Kira's celebrity shot with Mercy River!! EEEKKK!!!
So, Mom thank you for buying me a ticket...it truly paid off! I want to go this event every time from now on! See you in 2012 TOFW!!!!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Time Out For Women 2010
at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like it was a blast and really inspiring!
Word Verification: Brionsi (hmmm, could be a cute baby name?!)
your mother in law looks like she could be a sister in law. :)
Post a Comment