CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Some new thoughts..

I forgot to mention what happened at our visit w/Dom's birth mom two Saturday's ago. Well, she didn't show up! No one from her family showed up. We were a little surprised to say the least. The last we heard from her, was by receipt of Halloween cards last year and there was no letter in those. So, we waiting for 15 minutes. This is a time set by us & our needs. There is no time stated in the court docs. that we have to wait. Some people may think us harsh for not waiting longer, but I see it as this is our time and Dom's time and if they're not going to show up then why wait. The State of WA makes you wait 15 min. for a birth parent to show up to their visit and if they don't show, then you can leave. I thought it appropriate to set the same limit. So, what does this mean? Well, she has to miss 2 consecutive visits in order for the visits to become null & void. So, we shall see what happens in July.

Holding On to the baby stage...
I am having a difficult time letting go of the baby phase for Dom. I don't want to start potty training him, nor is he ready, and I don't want to move him into a big boy bed yet. He was just so tiny and he's still my "baby". Some people think it's about time. I just don't know. On the other hand, we do want another baby this year, and I will have to do all of this to prepare him for another baby. What do you all think? I am alone in my wanting to hold on?

Upcoming House projects
In March, Vince is going to sheet rock the utility room and replace the entire door and frame to the outside. That's where we're losing a lot of the heat.
Then, in June, after I get my Shareholder's bonus, we are going to fence our whole yard and get a DOG! Yea! I think I am finally ready.
Hopefully this year, we can raise our celings in the bathroom, dining and living room.
At some point, Vince is going to figure out the plumbing to put in a dishwasher.
So, we should be pretty busy this year working on the house!

3 comments:

Jandre said...

No parent wants their children to grow up and hard as it maybe, you do have to let go of the baby stage eventually. I know you know this and I know it will be a hard thing, but he's going to have to learn how to do these things because once you have another child, he's going to have to get used to the idea of sharing mommy and daddy. So, it's better to prepare him now, then when it's going to be harder later. I do understand that he's still small with a lot of things, but there's also no harm in trying new things either. That's why we're working so hard with Logan. Yeehaw. You know I love you and I'm not critisizing.

Uberly Ewe said...

I would have to say...that you will know when Dom really wants to be out of that crib. If he seems fine with it leave him. You could put a toddler bed, or twin bed (top mattrace only)on the floor in his room and start getting him use to sleeping in it for pretend naps, then maybe just nap time, and then maybe at night. I would ask Bug if he wanted to sleep in the crib or the "Monkey Bed" (that is what we called it, since he had a monkey bedsheet). He finally said he was ready and we went with that.

I have no idea about the potty training thing. My friend Alyson keeps saying that it is because I don't want Bug to grow up...and that is far from the case. I would love not to change diapers all day long (especially the poopie ones) but what actually is the problem, is I am afraid of all the messes that could happen, or the fights trying to get him to use the potty if he really is not ready to do it. I need to do a bit more research on the steps that most people recommend, so that I feel better prepaired so that it is successful and painless as much as possible.


Exciting news about the house work this year. I love how Bryan has been doing things in our old house too. If you need any help you can ask Bryan. Just give us a call.

Josh n Betsie said...

wow sounds like you are going to be busy doing house repairs. I know what you mean by not wanting your baby to grow up. Poor Josiah is going to have to grow up here pretty fast and I feel bad about it.
Everyone is telling me wait until the magic age of 3 to start potty training. I hope that age is really magic because Jadon is afraid of the toilet and wont have anything to do with it. And diapers for 4 is going to be expensive.
Let him be your baby a little longer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin