Look! It's snowing outside too!!
This will be Vince and my 6th X-mas together even though we've been married 5 yrs coming up on the 21st. Weird huh? I am very excited for Xmas this year. In years before, we always had a problem finding a place for the Xmas tree and now we actually have room for one w/out rearanging our living room. It's right in front of the window too. Vince and I put our tree up last Saturday while Dominic was napping. I know, I really wanted to include Dominic, but he's still a little young yet. Next year he will be almost 3 yrs old and he will enjoy decorating the tree. Vince and I had a good time putting our ornaments up. Since we were married right before Xmas, almost everyone put an ornament on our Wedding gifts instead of bows. So we have a lot of beautiful ornaments. Our tree is a brand new, (fake) pre-lit tree!! My parents bought it on clearance after Xmas last year. It's very pretty & it didn't take that long to put up. It's just the spreading out of the branches that I hate. I loved not putting on lights too!!
Well, in light of the news about me not working for much longer, Vince and I decided not to get each other anything for Xmas. We're making this year all about Dominic. And, I kind of felt like a poor family for a second, but then, we are able to buy presents for Dom and are "choosing" not to buy for one a nother. There are families who really can't afford a tree, presents, food, etc. I felt bad for even thinking about that.
I look at our situation right now and after being married for 5 yrs I just thought we would be more financially secure and settled. But, my mom brought it to my attention that we aren't that bad off. We may be barely scraping by at times, but we do have a house and vehicles and Dominic is well taken care of. It may not be the life of the Hiltons, but it's our life and we're a family in love w/each other. I just had to say that. I guess I'm just trying to be thankful for what we do have instead of don't have.
Merry X-Mas everyone!
Dominic
6 yrs old
Lily
4 yrs old
Sara
19 months old
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Our 1st X-Mas in our own home
at 11:59 PM
Labels: decorations, Holiday, Xmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Renee--
Wow your tree looks great! I can't believe that Dom is going to be 3 next year, that is so amazing to me. Anyways how are you doing??
You have a very pretty tree and that is cool you got a picture of it with the snow falling outside.
Sorry again to hear about your job situation...but I am sure you will look back years later and see it as a blessing too. Heavenly Father always has things under control even when we don't understand what his plan is now.
Take care. And have fun on Christmas Morning watching Dom open his presents. That will be the best Christmas Present you could ever ask for.
I agree with Brenda that seeing Dom open his gifts will be the best. I don't even care about presents myself, I just LOVE being able to decorate and bake for the holidays. My house is all decked out and it was so fun to have McKay helping decorate the tree this year, so yes, you'll love that next year with Dom too. McKay's also been surprisingly okay with all the stuff being down. I thought he'd try to play more with things, but he hasn't.
I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!
Renee,
I just found your blog off of another blog. Your little boy is a doll. How are you guys going? We are great and here in Memphis Tn now. We have 2 boys and twins on the way. Jadon is 2 1/2 and Josiah is 8 months and I am 14 weeks pregnant. AHHH!!! check out my blog and you can see them. I am glad I found your blog.
Betsie (from Foothills ward)
too bad you "X-mas" instead of Christmas.
Post a Comment