CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dominic

Dominic
6 yrs old

Lily

Lily
4 yrs old

Sara

Sara
19 months old

Thursday, October 22, 2009

In a slump of sorts...

First let me say that I'm not calling a pity party here. I just thought I'd share my adventures of being a homemaker.

It's been tough lately. The kids are always fighting w/each other and I'm yelling at them so much. My throat hurts!
Bug won't listen worth anything and neither will L. She copies and wants everything that Bug does/have. That's getting annoying.
L always screams when she doesn't get her way; it's getting very old! She's too little for time outs, but I think I am going to start putting her in her crib for a little down time.
All Bug does is whine, whine, whine!!!! Arrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!!!

I have been in my pjs/bath robe for like most of this week! I KNOW! I swore that I would never be one of those mommies who didn't take care of themselves...and I have!
I hardly wear make-up and enjoy it when I do :) It makes me feel good. It's just a lot of effort to go through when I don't leave the house for days.

I've been feeling lonely, although I have many friends! It's just difficult and a lot of work to get the kids ready to go hang out w/anyone!

I've been trying to cut down my pop intake a ton and am feeling the effects of it...badly! I like to stay up late, but w/out the caffeine it's more difficult and then I suffer more the next day.

I love my ward and we've been in it for 2 1/2 yrs, but I haven't had a calling for almost a whole year! I have been enjoying time w/L during church but am ready to put her in nursery!

It's hard to find motivation to keep up my house. I do my best, but the dishes are wearing me down :(

I feel very blessed to stay at home w/my babies but this TRULY is the toughest job EVER!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very much call myself the mean "nazi" mom.

BUT when Tanner was 14 months I put him in time out. He might not have understood it at the time. He DID however calm down and eventually figure out what he was doing there....I have always used the front door mat (thank you jon and kate plus 8). No matter WHERE we are theres always a front door, and I just sit them down on the floor. NOW, if I tell him to go to time out he automatically goes to the front door, where ever we are. (we've also "installed" an upstairs time out spot too.)

So, what I'm saying it's worth a try!

I, now, HAVE to get out of my jammies by 12:30 because babysitter daddy drops kids off....otherwise he'd see me in my jammies - which is NOT a robe! :)

Mikaela said...

I only have one, so I don't have to deal with the fights and all of that, but I have a little advice that has helped me. Shower and get dressed everyday. If if all you're wearing is sweats. Even if you don't wear make up or style your hair. And, go somewhere EVERYDAY. Even if it's just across the street to get your mail or a walk around the block with the kids. I've learned that the hard way. If you don't get out and give the kids a chance to get out, then life gets monotonous. They need something to look forward to and so do you to break up your day. I've found it helps me to stay more positive and not so upset and annoyed all the time. I know this is easier said than done, and it won't solve every problem, but maybe it'll just be a little break for you. Also, I don't go out, out all the time. If I do, I spend money, even if it's just to the grocery store. Sometimes just going to the park is the perfect outing for me and McKay! Good luck Renee!

Niki said...

How ironic! I was suffering from the same thing yesterday (: You might have just been venting and not wanting my 2 cents, but since I went through the same thing(or for the last week) I'll share what I learned. I think Satan tells us that we are bad mothers, and so we get that expectation and live up to it. However, if we listen to Heavenly Father telling us that we are good mothers, then we will live up to that expectation. Just know that it is Satan trying to get you to not be your best. I kind of learned this through Moses chpt 1, where Heavenly Father calls Moses the Son of God, and then Satan comes in and calls him the son of man, and then Moses starts to fear (because of what he listened to Satan say). Okay, I hope this wasn't to preachy--it was just what I was excited about, so I thought I would share. You are a good mom and your kids love you, but these young ages are the hardest I think! Hang in there.

Stephani said...

Oh yes, it's fun isn't it? I hear ya on it all. To think we'll look back on all these little years, fights, whining, screaming and all, and wish to have them back one day. Or so I'm told. ;)
You're a good mom Renee.

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

whining is my kryptonite. i swear! i hate that sound. you want me to snap....just whine at me. sorry about the realities of motherhood slapping you in the face. it sucks. i think that is why our mothers wanted us to become mothers so they could listen to us cry and laugh themselves silly. the very same reason i cannot wait for my children to pro-create. i jsut hope they are outta the house when they do. lol

Becky said...

I can relate big time! It has been especially hard to get out with a newborn (and it's an extra germy year . . . ). Hang in there- it is still totally worth it to be home with them. Could you even imagine handing them off day in and day out to someone else? Sibling rivalry is sometimes hard to deal with, but the moments when you can see the bond forming between the siblings makes it all worth it. It is when I am feeling like this that I look at my husband and make him take me on a date!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin